High Performance, Dual Port 10GbE Unified Wire Adapter
Enables TCP, UDP, ISCSI, iWARP and FCoE Offload over Single Unified Wire with SR-IOV, EVB/VNTag, DCB
Chelsio’s T520-LL-CR is a dual-port, ultra-low latency 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) Unified Wire adapter with a PCI Express 3.0 host bus interface, optimized for financial and HPC applications. The T520-LL-CR is also a Best-in-Class 10GbE interconnect solution for cloud computing, virtualization, storage, and other data center applications.
The fifth generation Teminator 5 (T5) technology from Chelsio provides the highest 10GbE performance in the industry and dramatically lowers hostMsystem CPU communications overhead with on-board hardware that offloads TCP/IP, iSCSI, FCoE and iWARP RDMA processing from the host system and frees up host CPU cycles for other applications. As a result, the system benefits from higher bandwidth, lower latency, and reduced power consumption.
The Unified Wire Solution
The T520-LL-CR enables a unified wire for LAN, SAN, and cluster traffic, made possible by the high bandwidth and low latency characteristics, combined with storage and cluster protocols operating over Ethernet (iSCSI, FCoE, and iWARP). T5 based adapters such as the T520-LL-CR support both file and block based storage protocols and are ideal for building high performance SAN and NAS solutions. With both iSCSI and FCoE offload, FC applications can run natively over Ethernet, while taking advantage of its performance benefits and economies of scale. T5 also offers an ultraMlow latency RDMA over Ethernet (iWARP) interface, making the T520-LL-CR a competative drop-in replacement for InfiniBand in high performance computing applications. It is supported in the same standard software distributions and allows running IB applications unmodified.
T520-LL-CR integrates a fullMfledged hardware Traffic Manager for robust flow control, traffic management, and predictable QoS.
The adapter’s two ports and IEEE 802.3ad link aggregation, and port-to-port and adapter-to-adapter failover features are ideal for critical network applications that require redundancy and high-availability capabilities.
T520-LL-CR Ethernet-only unified networking reduces the data center’s cost in adapters, cables, switches, rack space, power, equipment spares, management tools, planning, installation and operation.
- PCI Express Gen3 x8
- Ultra Low Latency
- Supports Up to 1M Connections
- Full TCP and UDP offload
- Full iSCSI, FCoE offload
- Full iWARP RDMA offload
- Full NAT offload
- EVB, Flex10, VNTag
- PCI-SIG SR-IOV
- Integrated media streaming offload
- HW based firewall in the cloud
- Traffic filtering & management
- Software Compatible with T4
- Scale up servers and NAS systems
- Link servers in multiple facilities to synchronize data centers
- Consolidate LAN, SAN, and cluster networks
- Virtualization features to maximize cloud scaling and utilization
- Runs InfiniBand, Fibre Channel apps unmodified on Ethernet
- Cloud ready functional and management features
- QoS and Traffic management
- Enable high performance NAS systems and Ethernet-based IP SANs
- Develop shared-storage systems providing both file- and block-level services
High Performance Computing
- Ultra-low latency Ethernet
- Increase cluster fabric bandwidth
- Deploy Ethernet-only networking for cluster fabric, LAN, and SAN