High Performance, Dual Port 40GbE Unified Wire Adapter
Enables TCP, UDP, ISCSI, iWARP, and FCoE Offload over Single Unified Wire with SR-IOV, EVB/VNTag, DCB
Chelsio’s T580-CR is a dual port 40 Gigabit Ethernet Unified Wire adapter with PCI Express 3 host bus interface, optimized for cloud computing, HPC, virtualization, storage, and other data center applications.
The fifth-generation (T5) technology from Chelsio provides the highest 40GbE performance available and dramatically lowers host-system CPU communications overhead with on-board hardware that off-loads TCP/IP, iSCSI, FCoE and iWARP RDMA processing from its host system. T580-CR frees up host CPU cycles for useful applications. The system achieves increased bandwidth, lower latency, and uses less power.
The T580-CR sets itself apart from other other 40Gb offerings from Chelsio in that it provides dual-paths to the external memory on the adapter thereby allowing offloaded connections, such as TOE and iSCSI, to achieve the maximum bandwidth provided by the card.
The Unified Wire Solution
With the T580-CR, Chelsio is enabling a unified wire for LAN, SAN, and cluster traffic. This unified wire was made possible by the high bandwidth and low latency of 40GbE combined with storage and cluster protocols operating over TCP/IP (iSCSI, FCoE, and iWARP respectively). In parallel, operating systems and hypervisors have incorporated native support for iSCSI and database applications are now supporting file-based storage protocols such as NFS as an alternative to SANs.
T580-CR includes a full-fledged integrated Traffic Manager for robust flow control, traffic management, and QoS.
Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) provides a transition path from legacy SANs to converged networks. Expanding its unified wire approach, Chelsio has added FCoE hardware support for the adapter.
The adapter’s two ports and IEEE 802.3ad link aggregation/failover features are ideal for critical network applications that require redundancy and high-availability capabilities.
T580-CR Ethernet-only networking reduces the data center’s cost in network adapters, cables, switches, rack space, power, equipment spares, management tools, planning, networking skills and installation.
- PCI Express Gen3 x8
- Ultra Low Latency
- Supports Up to 1M Connections
- Full TCP and UDP offload
- Full iSCSI, FCoE offload
- Full iWARP RDMA offload
- Full NAT offload
- EVB, Flex10, VNTag
- PCI-SIG SR-IOV
- Integrated media streaming offload
- HW based firewall in the cloud
- Traffic filtering & management
- Software Compatible with T4
- Scale up servers and NAS systems
- Link servers in multiple facilities to synchronize data centers
- Consolidate LAN, SAN, and cluster networks
- Virtualization features to maximize cloud scaling and utilization
- Runs InfiniBand, Fibre Channel apps unmodified on Ethernet
- Cloud ready functional and management features
- QoS and Traffic management
- Enable high performance NAS systems and Ethernet-based IP SANs
- Develop shared-storage systems providing both file- and block-level services
High Performance Computing
- Very-low latency Ethernet
- Increase cluster fabric bandwidth
- Deploy Ethernet-only networking for cluster fabric, LAN, and SAN